Part-time Sewing Machine Operator
EvenOdd, LLC is looking for a part-time SEWING MACHINE OPERATOR to join our team. We are interested in a self-motivated person who likes to be kept busy with constantly changing assignments based on product demand. This is a hands on job requiring attention to detail.
We have a small, dynamic studio environment in the Hungerford Building with lots of windows and natural light. You’ll work closely with the owners/designers and production assistants to create final products. Our studio is clean, heated in the winter, and air conditioned in the summer. You’ll need to be okay working along side a loving and somewhat needy french bulldog. For the latest photos of our products and studio, head to @evenoddcreative on Instagram.
Part time, 10-25 hours/week
Starting at $12.00 – $14.00/hour depending on skill level/speed. Production bonuses offered.
To sew fashion accessories and carry goods (backpacks, messenger bags, purses, and wallets) with accuracy and speed, to meet brand expectations.
- Sewing experience required.
- Experience operating industrial sewing machines is a plus, but not required.
- Must have good manual dexterity, attention to detail, and hand-eye coordination.
- Must work at a fast pace with high accuracy and minimal supervision
- Must be able to read, follow directions, and understand basic math.
- Must be able to perform repetitive functions for long periods of time.
- Must be willing to experiment with new techniques and work with unconventional materials.
- Perform general cleanup and maintenance of your work area. Perform equipment maintenance tasks such as replacing needles, cleaning your sewing machine, and observing equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected early.
- Examine product to verify conformance to quality standards
- Interpret marks on cut fabrics to properly assemble parts by sewing them using various sewing machines.
- Use of patterns and templates to help the production assistants.
- Communicate with other team members concerning problems and possible solutions
- Suggest corrections/improvements to existing sewing methods.
- Flexible hours
- Casual work environment
- Employee discounts
Email us at [email protected] with your resume (PDFs please) and we will contact you to set up an interview and sewing assessment. If you have samples of your sewing work, please include photos with your resume.