Mara is a casual, multi-use clutch handcrafted in the USA from waxed canvas and reclaimed bike inner tubes. Mara is equally at home as a stand alone crossbody bag, a clutch on your wrist, or a secondary pouch in a larger bag.
- Lined with X-Pac waterproof ripstop
- Durable, water resistant reclaimed bike inner tube base
- All interior seams are reinforced with twill tape binding
- Large Interior pocket
- Removable inner tube wrist strap for clutch style carry.
- Inner tube shoulder strap reinforced with twill tape, can be removed completely or adjusted from 30″ to 53″ long.
- Antique brass zipper closure with thick tractor tube pull
- Available in Charcoal, Black, or Field Tan waxed canvas
We love waxed canvas because of its unique look, durability and how beautifully it weathers over time. Much like leather, it develops a unique patina as it ages. It is water resistant, 100% cotton and all natural. We use heavy weight, #10 Duck canvas. Once coated in wax, the fabric weight is increased to a hefty 20 oz per square yard.
ANTIQUE BRASS HARDWARE
All hardware on this bag from the zipper to the d-ring is solid brass, which has gone through an antiquing process resulting in an aged, slightly worn look that works perfectly with the inner tubes and waxed canvas.
X-Pac™ is a combination of ripstop polyester, hydro state waterproof construction technology, and 200 denier nylon fabric. This fabric is made in the USA and is super lightweight, durable, and easy to clean. Most importantly – this liner will keep your belongings dry if you get caught in the rain. All inside seams are reinforced with twill tape that not only makes the bag more sturdy but enhances it’s clean design.
Reclaimed Bike Inner Tubes
As always, we utilize reclaimed inner tubes while making all our accessories. They are durable, easy to clean, and are water resistant. The base of this bag is reinforced with inner tubes, for extra durability. The wrist strap and zipper pull are also made from inner tubes, which makes carry and use comfortable.