This lightweight sailcloth version or our Clarke carryall tote bag is handcrafted in the USA from waxed canvas and reclaimed sailcloth. It features a zippered full width closure two shoulder length carry handles and a large interior pocket. It measures 20″ wide x 14″ tall x 6″ deep. Handle drop: 11″.
- Dual layered, water resistant, reclaimed sailcloth
- Durable, water resistant waxed canvas base
- All interior seams are reinforced with twill tape binding
- Large interior central pocket that can fit a 15″ or smaller laptop
- Reclaimed sailcloth shoulder straps.
- Antique brass zipper closure with thick tractor tube pull
- Available in Deep Salmon or Field Tan waxed canvas
We love waxed canvas because of its unique look, durability and how beautifully it weathers over time. Much like leather, it develops a unique patina as it ages. It is water resistant, 100% cotton and all natural. We use heavy weight, #10 Duck canvas. Once coated in wax, the fabric weight is increased to a hefty 20 oz per square yard.
ANTIQUE BRASS HARDWARE
All hardware on this bag from the zipper to the rivets is brass, which has gone through an antiquing process resulting in an aged, slightly worn look that works perfectly with the inner tubes and waxed canvas.
Weather Resistant Sailcloth
Our reclaimed sailcloth is super lightweight, durable, and easy to clean. The exterior shell and interior liner are both made from sailcloth. The dual layers of sailcloth will help keep your belongings dry if you get caught in the rain. All inside seams are reinforced with twill tape that not only makes the bag more sturdy but enhances it’s clean design.