MEET THE HANS
The Hans is our handsome, large rolltop backpack; handcrafted from waxed canvas, waterproof X-Pac liner, and reclaimed bike inner tubes. This backpack is padded in all the right places, perfect for comfortably hauling all your favorite gear (even a 6-pack or two) around. We chose the roll top style not only because it is aesthetically pleasing but also for its expandable capabilities.
- Lined with X-Pac waterproof ripstop
- 1 exterior zipper pocket, for quick access to important goods
- 2 interior pockets, a large central padded pocket for your laptop and a secondary one big enough to fit your laptop charger
- Durable, water resistant reclaimed bike inner tube base
- Fully padded shoulder straps and back panel for a comfortable feel while protecting your gear inside
- All interior seams are re-inforced with twill tape binding
- Adjustable mil-spec nylon straps
- Military spec G-Hook closures
- Available in Black, Charcoal or Field Tan
We source our waxed canvas from an American manufacturer who has been in the industry since 1838. We love waxed canvas because of its unique look, durability and how beautifully it weathers over time. It is water resistant, 100% cotton and all natural. We use heavy weight, #10 Duck canvas. Once coated in wax, the fabric weight is increased to a hefty 19.84 oz per square yard.
MILSPEC BACK HARDWARE
All hardware on the Hans from the g-hook to the strap adjusters is made from a tough military grade steel. All the metal features a matte black anodized coating, which is more resistant to wear and tear.
X-Pac™ is a combination of ripstop polyester, hydro state waterproof construction technology, and 200 denier nylon fabric. This fabric is made in the USA and is super lightweight, durable, and easy to clean. Most importantly – this liner will keep your belongings dry if you get caught in the rain. All inside seams are reinforced with twill tape that not only makes the bag more sturdy but enhances it’s clean design.
Reclaimed Bike Inner Tubes
As always, we utilize reclaimed inner tubes while making all our accessories. They are durable, easy to clean, and are water resistant. The base of the Hans is reinforced with inner tubes, for extra durability. The carry handle and shoulder straps are also made from inner tubes, which makes carry and use comfortable.